Volunteer Teaching India Description
Education is an irreplaceable element in society that helps a person develop various qualities such as thinking, self-confidence, productive power and mental health.
Receiving primary education is a fundamental right of every child. Basic education is what will help them in their critical growth period when they are subjected to physical, social or emotional stress.
With an objective to empower every single child with knowledge, we have developed the Volunteer Teaching India program.
Any individual having the basic knowledge to share with the mere determination to eradicate illiteracy can be a part of our program to teach children at small local schools throughout India.
Kindergartens: We work with Joyful kindergarten, Toddlers Academy and Angandbadi.
- Joyful kindergarten has strength of only 23 children attending from 9 am to 12pm. Since the children here will be very young, volunteers should involve more playful activities with them.
- Toddlers Academy has only 2 teachers who teach three classes filled with adorable children.
- Angandbadi is filled with 12 innocent children. It has only one teacher. Volunteers placed here will be equally responsible to take care of the children.
- Saraswati Shishu Mandir is a primary school teaching 40 children every day from 9am to 12pm. Volunteers placed here will be required to assist the teachers.
Weekends for all volunteers will be free to explore the nearby areas and connect with the Indian culture.
For teaching in India, you must have fair knowledge of English language.
- As a part of the program, teaching English will be the primary task of all volunteers. But other activities such as sports, memory games and puzzle solving can also be included in the daily activities.
- Children often forget what you teach them. But they never forget if something is taught innovatively. Participants should come up with innovative approaches of teaching rather than following the conventional teaching methods.
- Children will be taught the importance of nutrition, health, and the universe.
- Teaching volunteer in India will give you the opportunity to teach at the Physical Reno camps, where volunteers will be working on renovation and environmental projects.
- Our program also encourages teaching basic computer skills to these children
More info on Volunteer Teaching India
Many teaching projects are available in India only from June to March, adhering to the academic cycle followed in India. However, our teaching project “Leading Light” will be open to all participants throughout the year.
Accommodation and meals
Volunteers placed in our Volunteer Teaching India program will reside at the ART house for the period your stay. The house has large rooms each of which will be shared by 2-3 volunteers. 3 meals everyday will be provided to the volunteers. Meals will include the staple food of India: rice, pulses, and vegetables. You will also get non-vegetarian food on alternate days.
The ART house is equipped with facilities such as electricity, 24 hours water supply, filtered drinking waters, television, DVD player, refrigerator, a computer and Wi-Fi connection.
For accessing all other facilities such as ATMs, internet cafes or mobile shops, you will need to travel few meters away from the house location.
Minimum age and eligibility
18 years is the minimum required age to join our Volunteer Teaching India Program.
By being a part of a Volunteer Teaching Program, you don’t just spread knowledge, but rearrange the world for these children and become an inspiration to them.
- Accommodation for the duration of your trip (shared rooms and bathrooms, single rooms are available on request for additions costs)
- Three meals per day for the duration of your trip on Monday to Friday
- Two meals per day on the weekends for the duration of your trip (instead of breakfast+lunch, we server a brunch on Saturday and Sunday)
- Transport to and from your place of work if needed
- Airport pickup at the beginning of your trip
- On site coordinator support (there will always be a coordinator around)
What’s not included
- Airplane tickets
- Visa arrangements
- Airport drop-off at the end of your trip
- Local transport (except for transport to and from your project site)
Throughout your stay, you will have the support and guidance of our local program coordinators. They will provide you with competent assistance and help you with anything that you may need. We will also provide you with a 24-hour emergency number so that you can always reach a member of our team in the event of an emergency.
The coordinators will provide support in all aspects of your projects starting from arrival to departure. They will actively facilitate you towards successful and timely completion of your projects.
Volunteer Teaching India Locations
Our Volunteer Teaching India project runs in the following locations:
Volunteer India Prices
This program starts every Monday of the year, no exceptions. Arrivals can be arranged the Saturday or Sunday before the program starts. If you’re arriving before the weekend, a pickup can be arranged depending on availability (please note this in your application or inform us no later then two weeks before the start of your program or trip) and might be subject to additional fees.
Please note that the prices shown below are all inclusive, this is what you pay us, no additional fees or costs.